- Is the pastor's job to try to get people more involved in the church, or to encourage people to allow God to be more involved in their lives? I think the latter. I find myself thinking less and less about growing "our church," and more and more about helping people grow in their walk with Jesus. Does that make me a bad church pastor, or is that actually what my job should be? Jesus didn't come to give us church, but to give us life. I think that is found through the church, but maybe not in it.
- Is there a difference between being "called out" people, and "sent out" people? Are they the same, or is it the tension between, or their convergence, that makes the Christian what they are?
- Is church community supposed to be thought of in the same way as other forms of community? What if it is realizing the community of the trinity in our midst?
- Yesterday morning I approached 2 different people - both of whom are newer to our church - about coming over for a visit... to see if they had any questions about the church, and to get to know one another... and both said no. I didn't feel offended at all, but... I didn't really know what to think about it.
- There is a guy at the church working on our roof this morning. He is quiet for a construction guy. It's on the back side over the big storage room by the men's restroom. Where the newest new part connects to the less new part.
- I have had some really strange conversations lately. Weird stuff.
- Personally, I feel like something is about to happen. In a good way, I think. Not sure. And I have no idea what it might be.
- I got some new pants last week. They were on sale for $13 on Friday the 13th. I was looking for some new jeans, because all mine have holes in them, but decided on these dockers instead because they were way cheaper. And I actually like them.
- I have had this strange hankering to get a fitted suit, and maybe some fitted shirts. I've never had either. All my dress shirts look stupid, because I have to buy such a big neck, and then they are real baggy on me. What is most strange is why do I even care about this now? I would have no idea where to go to get fitted clothes. Or do you called that "tailored"?
Monday, February 16, 2009
Random monday thoughts
Some random things on my mind...