Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Telecaster, moe's, draft, bowling

A friend contacted me and asked if I'd like to buy his Fender Telecaster (with hard case) for a really reasonable price. Man, I would much rather have a Stratocaster, but I almost hate to pass this up. I've never really been into Tele's, but maybe it could be more like an investment. Not sure what to do. I've actually been trying to get RID of stuff, rather than acquiring more. Hmm.

The other night m'lady and I went to Moe's Southwest Grill. She goes there all the time because she works right next door, but it was my first trip. She warned me before we went in that when we walk through the door they will yell, "Welcome to Moe's!" They did. They do that for everybody. Kinda funny, I thought. It is basically just like Chipotle (or a Subway, with tacos, etc). I got two taco's (overachiever). And I didn't hear Jane say it came with free chips, and I thought she was ordering chips, so I told her to get the big container (which I also thought said 50 cents rather than 5 dollars). She wasn't ordering chips, but CHEESE dip. It was a total idiotic move on my part, and she went along with me, so we ended up with this $5 tub of cheese for our chips, even though salsa is free. Oops. Then we sat in a booth on the same side, because the sun was shining in her eyes on the other side. Anyway, I liked the taco's. I like them with black beans. We actually went back again last night. I think I'm addicted.

The NFL draft was this past weekend, and I didn't watch hardly any of it. This used to be like Christmas Day for me (and now it's two days). I guess a combination of having other people wanting to watch other stuff, and not really liking the Cowboys anymore, and the fact that they didn't have any picks on the first day, and... whatever. It is kind of sad to me in a number of ways, but life goes on (right?).

Sunday afternoon Jane and I went bowling. Someone invited us from her work. It was some kind of fund-raiser (maybe Junior Achievement). It was at Rainbow Lanes in Huntington, and wasn't too gay at all. I hadn't bowled in probably 5 years, and I've probably only done it about 5-10 times in my life, but I surprised myself and did a 131 in the first game and 115 in the second. Probably the best two games I have ever bowled in my life. I even won a chocolate bar the first game for having high score in our foursome. Jane did good as well, and she got better the second game. Not too bad of a way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I kept wanting to wash my hands though. I don't know when I got like that.

Hopefully we will get the grill going this week. We've been going to cook pork chops on it since last week but the wind never stops blowing. I hope the chops don't give us the flu.

I'm looking for people to preach for me several times this summer. Not having much luck. And I just recently realized I've been asking people to preach on a date that I already have filled. Oops.

Peace out; and in.

2 comments:

Whisky Prajer said...

And here I thought the "draft" in your title might refer to the beverage that washed down all those beans, chips 'n' cheese!

dan said...

Actually, I do think they serve bottled beer. I washed them down with a root beer though.