Friday, June 12, 2009

On the road - pt. 2

It's been awhile since I've written, and I suppose lots will be left out. We have been at Jane's brother Keith's house since Wednesday. We're scheduled to head up to Cheyenne and take I-80 East tomorrow morning. Nebraska and Iowa are always so much fun to drive through. Ha.

Leaving South Dakota was some of the prettiest scenery I've ever seen. The Black Hills are really nice once I got used to them. But the lonely road through Wyoming left me longing to see some civilation. Man, there was one stretch of like 81 miles with no towns and hardly any other roads, or cars even. Just a lot of cows and antelope (or something). We saw some snow along the road in Wyoming, but mostly it rained on us from Deadwood to Cheyenne.

Yesterday we drove up into Rocky Mountain National Park via Estes Park. I was glad Keith drove his truck. It was nice to just gawk. That is some mighty pretty country too. We couldn't make it to the top though because they had the road closed. I think it was due to snow. There was quite a bit just where we did make it too (well, it seemed like quite a bit to me anyhow). We got snowed on a little, but nothing serious.

Today we've kinda just lounged around. Jane took a harley ride with her brother. We're having a cookout with Keith's family tonight. Matt is coming from Denver, and Jessie and Seth are here in Loveland. I think Jessie will be bringing his boy Chance, and Matt is bringing his daughter Evelyn, and his dog.

Well, I should probably sign off. Lots of pictures to come someday. I'm wondering how long the grass is. Other than that, I haven't really thought too much about much. Just hangin'.

Peace out; and in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying your trip. The grass isn't too bad. Meredith mowed the church but not our yard. If you'd like Drew or I to do it we can probably figure it out (and by we, I mean he). Just give me a jingle. :)