Thursday, August 20, 2009

How many

Today I kind of got caught up in this thought: What if I have caused more people to decide against God than for God?

I saw someone that looked vaguely familiar, and I wondered if they had perhaps been a part of our church at some point. Then I started thinking about all the people who have come and gone. There are literally people that I have no recollection of. Which just blows my mind. Granted, I realize that just because someone leaves our church doesn't mean they have left THE church. But it might. What if I'm hitting a negative instead of a positive? More of a drain than a benefit?

I'm not looking for encouragement here, but... what if? What if the same is true of you?

2 comments:

Jim L said...

Dude, I worry about that ALL THE TIME! And not just with "the church". Am I a net positive or net negative to those I run into, everywhere? Matthew 18:6 and all that. I have to say by my own estimation, for most people (ESPECIALLY at work), for most of my life, I am a probably a net negative. The real question is...How to change?

Larry Geiger said...

You have no affect on who comes to "the Church". It's God's call.

Only he calls.
John 6:44:"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day."

None will be lost because of us.
John 6:39:"And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day."