Thursday, September 10, 2009

A plea for republicans

I am not a Democrat or a Republican (I'm a Christian), and I guess (since I'm a pastor) I am not supposed to have any thoughts about politics either (unless I'm politically conservative). However, Brian McClaren has articulated what I have been thinking for some time now. He has written 'A Plea for a New Generation of Republican Leadership.' Good stuff. And it's not because I think we need more Republicans. But I would like to see people who are willing to think, rather than just react; people who can inspire hope, rather than incite fear; people who want to help, rather than just keep others from getting their way. I recommend you read it.

http://blog.sojo.net/2009/09/08/a-plea-for-a-new-generation-of-republican-leadership/

No comments: