Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Birthday number forty seven

So, I guess I am forty seven years old now. It was an interesting birthday this year. The actual day wasn't so bad, and the number didn't even bother me. But for several weeks prior to the day I was in one of my worst funks ever. I hadn't been quite that depressed in a long time; maybe never. And I don't really know that it had anything at all to do with my birthday. The weekend before was just really bad. The last couple Sunday mornings have been terrible (on my part). So many things going on internally. But I think I was able to hide most of them. I dunno... I suppose just the normal October stuff I go through every year...

As far as my birthday... Jane got me a sketch pad and pencil set, and some chocolate dipped pretzels. She also ordered me a Michael Card CD ('The Hidden Face of God'). It wasn't in on my birthday, but arrived a few days later. Drew Carrie got me some candy bars. A guy from church got me a bag of little Almond Joys. I got a few cards, and 2 from people at church. And I had many birthday wishes on Facebook, which surprised me.

The day was kind of a whirlwind in that I went into the office at 8; took Jane to work at 9:30 (and got myself a sausage, egg, and cheese Mcgriddle, to celebrate); took Jane to the doctor at 2:30 (and it took 2 hours); then had to go back and pick her up from work at 6 pm. Then we had dance lessons at 7 on the north side. So we went to Chili's for a late birthday supper after that. And this was THE WORST dance lesson we've had to date. It was like we took stupid pills before we went. I think we actually UN-learned stuff.

Food for the day was: the usual morning bagel (blueberry), the sausage, egg, and cheese Mcgriddle, a couple of little candy bars (left over from halloween), a small Dairy Queen vanilla shake for lunch, a small salad of lettuce, cheese and tomatoes for early supper, a couple more little candy bars, and then a turkey burger and fries for late supper.

Yep, it was my birthday. Now it's over, and I'm just an old fart. I have a headache right between my eyes today. Other than that there does seem to be some light though.

No comments: