Saturday, November 21, 2009

Doctor visit

I went to the doctor yesterday for my regular check-up. I thought the nurse said my blood pressure was 120/88, but wasn't sure. When the doctor came in and high-fived me I realized it must have been 120/80. Very cool. My weight was 173 (down 3 lbs. from 3 months ago); and I measured myself at 68". I think the lower bp numbers are because I've been running again. Seems to make quite a difference.

All seems well. We talked about me doing Carrie's wedding next weekend. He told how he delivered his daughter (though he didn't deliver his 3 sons before that). He said the only way his wife would agree to have another child was if he did her ob care. So he did, but asked the ob doctor to be there "just in case."

I asked for another prescription for Lisinopril. The last time I got it filled at Walgreen's they had upped the price, so I will go back to Walmart. Hopefully it is still $10 for a 90-day supply there.

My meds are still: Lisinopril 20 mg, one a day; Nasonex spray 50 mcg, one a day; Fexofenadine (generic Allegra) 180 mg, one a night.

I have to go back in 3 months again. I don't know why I have to go back every 3 months. I guess because of my bp and my cholesterol numbers are all in the iffy range. Argh. At least I felt good today. All he ever does is have the nurse check my bp, and then he listens to my lungs in front and back with his stethoscope. I think once a year I get a lipid profile. Better safe than sorry I guess, but I don't like having to pay the $20 every time. Whatever.

No comments: