Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas day

A nice and quiet day yesterday. Jane made us a big breakfast: bacon, eggs, hash browns, and toast. Lounged around. I made a spacer for the back of Isaac's truck to keep the sandbags from sliding around. I walked for a mere 20 minutes on the treadmill, because we were leaving for a 1:30 pm movie. Me, Jane and Isaac all went to see "Up In the Air". It was great. Better than I expected. And, yes, I probably have a man-crush on George Clooney. Not because I think he's particularly good looking, but more because I like the way his clothes look on him. Jane was all excited because Sam Elliot was in the movie - but it was only a small part, so she was probably a little disappointed about that. She's always had a thing for Sam. Anyway, after the movie we came home and kind of grazed on food the rest of the evening. We watched part of "Christmas Vacation" on tv. Then a little bit of "Arthur". Then the football game (Chargers vs. Titans). Drew, Carrie and Chandler came over after awhile and we did more tv watching and grazing. I ate some more of Carrie's chicken dip with crackers, and Jane made these ham rollup things, and I had some leftover cheesy potatoes and pulled pork, and Jane made my grandma's red velvet cake so I had some of that. I was stuffed. It rained most of the day, and was 44 f when we came home from the movie. We went to bed early - about 10:20. Now it's back to the grind. Jane and I are both getting ready to go to work. It is colder today (maybe 25). Back to reality.

No comments: