Monday, June 14, 2010

2010 summer vacation summary

This summer Jane and I went to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for a few days, then to Bryson City, North Carolina for her niece Allison's wedding at a resort in the Smoky Mountains. We left on Sunday, June 6th after church, and got home Sunday, June 13 about 5:15 pm.

We covered 1,734 miles. It was about 752 miles from home to Myrtle Beach (via WV); about 372 from Myrtle Beach to Bryson City; and about 577 from Bryson City back to home.

On the way to Myrtle Beach we took rt. 33 into West Virginia and caught I-77. We went from Indiana, through Ohio, W. Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, and into South Carolina.

We would definitely like to go back to Myrtle Beach. That is our kind of vacation - hanging on the beach and pretty much just lounging around. Very leisurely. And I don't need to pack as much the next time. I pretty much just wore a swimming suit or shorts, white t-shirts, and flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Each day is somewhat detailed in the following posts:
To be honest, I didn't think about work at all the entire week - in a good way or a bad way. I am also not yet ready to go back today.

No comments: