Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Storm

I think last night was the worst thunder and lightning storm I can ever remember. I usually like listening to it storm - especially when I'm in bed. But around 1 am last night we were both startled awake and I think we jumped a foot off the bed. I swear, the electric smoke detector in the hallway went off - it had to be struck by lightning. It almost seemed like the lightning was INSIDE the house a few times.

We both got up after the smoke alarm went off. We didn't find anything on fire or anything, but it was just incredible the amount of lightning, and the loudness of the thunder. I opened the front door for awhile, but you couldn't stand to look out because you never knew when you were going to be blinded. I briefly thought about going outside to make sure lightning hadn't started the house on fire, but it was just pouring down rain and I really didn't feel like getting drenched.

We watched the activity for awhile, then went back to bed. Normally it would have been a good night to sleep, but I laid there for I don't know how long to make sure I didn't start to smell smoke. Man... that was the worst storm I can remember. But this morning there appears to be no evidence of it ever happening. Dang... other than it fried our land-line telephones.

No comments: