Saturday, September 18, 2010

Haircut

I got my hair cut yesterday. I actually started out mowing the lawn, but the mower broke, so I took a shower and decided to get a haircut instead. I went to the usual place, and had Cassie cut my hair. At least that's what she said her name was, but the little piece of paper (maybe a license) on her mirror said her name was Alexis. Anyway, she did alright. The funny thing was, she was just like talking my ear off. She asked me what I did for a living, and I said I pastored a small church. She's like, "Why would you do that? How did you get into that? What made you want to do that?" Not in a negative way at all, but really curious. So we chatted a bit. She finally mentioned that she had went to a church where my kids used to attend youth group when they were younger, so I thought maybe she might know them. I asked if she was maybe... 25, and she laughed. She is EIGHTEEN!

So, this 18-year-old (with a 1-year-old son) is cutting my hair, talking my ear off, asking me all kinds of questions... but she did alright. Funny thing is, she cut my hair way different than most of the other ones do it, and I kinda like it. Weird.

That was my haircut experience.

No comments: