Friday, September 10, 2010

Idiot pastors and beautiful granddaughters mono

One of Jane's brothers' daughters is a missionary in Pakistan. She lives there with her husband and 2 small children (and another on the way). According to this blog post they have now been placed under house arrest - for their own protection - for at least the next week. And guess why? Because of that idiot pastor in Florida who wants to burn Koran's. If anyone who reads here is a praying person I would certainly appreciate your prayers for them, and for Terry Jones. He may need them more than anyone.
You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. (Jesus, Matt. 5:43-45)

On another totally unrelated note... I just received a text that I am going to have a GRANDDAUGHTER!!! I have an inkling that she will be the sweetest little girl in the world. Apparently she already likes to cross her legs and suck her thumb.

And on a not quite as happy note, apparently the boy is down with mono again. He went to the doctor with a terrible sore throat last Sunday. It's possibly tonsillitis, and he either got mono again, or it has just recurred (I think once you get it you've always got it, as far as I can tell). Anyway, I'm praying that he will be feeling better, and that the Exodus House will receive lots of grants so they can get up and running sometime in the near future. By the way, he did also speak in chapel at AU this past Tuesday. Hopefully his throat didn't hurt for that. When the podcast is up I will try to put a link.

Well, it is Friday. I'm feeling really lazy after a somewhat rough week. I should probably do something, but... I think I'll have another cup of coffee first.

Peace out, friends; and in.

1 comment:

Pastor D said...

Visit this linhttp://theparablelife.blogspot.com/2010/09/modest-proposal.htmlk