Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hurt my foot

My right foot started bothering me on Thursday, June 16. It's in the arch area, on the inside of the foot. I had done the usual workout on the treadmill - just over 4 miles - and we went downtown and were walking around at the baseball game and then Ribfest. I wore my Doc Martens - which I don't normally wear in the summer (usually it's just running shoes). It started hurting a little while walking around, and a lot after we got home and I took my shoe off. I specifically remember one point at Ribfest, when I had my foot on the chair beside me, and it went to sleep. That hasn't happened in a long time.

I think it has hurt like this before, but I don't remember it lasting this long. It hurt all through the night, and the next day too. It's feeling a little better now, but still there. I have taken aleve, and that doesn't seem to do anything. It feels better to wear a shoe than to be barefoot; and better if I tie the shoe instead of leaving it loose. And when I rub it, it's almost like there is a knot there, and I think I can even rub it down a little - but I don't know if I am or if it's just my imagination.

The only thing I can think that I did was on Thursday while treadmilling I was jumping on and off (I was trying to download some music). I don't know if I may have just stretched or strained a ligament or something. I hope it's not a stress fracture. Ugh. That would suck.

Anyway, just wanted to post this in case it doesn't go away so I will have a record of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I strained my arch when I was cheerleading. So annoying. The trainer would massage it really hard, which didn't feel good, and then tape it up real tight. I don't know that there's much you can do but he said to wear shoes with a good arch support or to put those dr. scholls arch supports in my shoes.