Monday, August 29, 2011

Church to tincaps game

Yesterday we had a group of 29 (I think) people from church attend a Tincaps minor league baseball game. We did this last year and I think there were twenty-some people who went. This year was almost a completely different group aside from just a few. And it was a beautiful day for a game. It was a 3:05 game, and our seats were on the 3rd base side (so the sun was at our back). Our seats were in two rows. I think next year it might be better to have them in more rows so we can talk better. I couldn't even see who all was there until I got up and moved around, because Jane and I were the last ones there so we were on the end of our row. Anyway, it was a really good time. This was somewhat of a rowdy group - making lots of noise and whatnot. It wasn't so good when Anna fell asleep on me (the noise), but it didn't seem to bother her too much. It was also a good game. We lost in the 10th inning, but we should have won in the bottom of the 9th. Whatever.

Also, a friend texted me during the game and asked if I was there. After telling him we were, he wondered where we were sitting. I told him, and it turned he and his wife were just a couple rows in front of us. They had seen/heard them announce that our church was there, so that's when he texted me. Ha! I thought that was funny. So we made supper plans for tonight.

No comments: