Friday, February 10, 2012

May be changing the blog address

The blog has been set to private for about 3 weeks now. It will probably stay that way for awhile longer still, but I have to admit that I miss it. It's not the same having a private blog as a public blog. And, really, sometimes it seems stupid that I had to do this. Just because a couple people got upset, I have turned my back on 50-100 visits per day from other people around the world. But... such is life, I suppose.

At any rate, I am toying with the idea of changing the blog address; perhaps even buying a domain name (maybe danhorwedel.com instead of 12ddm.blogspot.com). I think it would only be $10/year to buy a domain name, plus I would then change the title away from "Danno's Dangerous Mind." I've never really liked that much. I doubt that it would keep anyone from finding me once I go live again, but it would at least be different. I think I could do it and not lose anything from this blog. That would be almost catastrophic. I use my blog to find dates and information quite a bit, actually.

I think I will also update the look of it soon and add some of the newer features available. I have had this look for quite some time. I like its simplicity and there isn't really a newer template close to it, but, again, such is life. Using such an old template does keep me from being able to do certain things. So... we will see.

No comments: