A few things I learned...
- I did not know that Guinness actually has fewer calories than like a Bud Light or Miller Light.
- The states with the best breweries are: California, Colorado (I think), and then Michigan.
- Fort Wayne has the highest tax on alcohol of any city in the country(?).
- Following prohibition it was not legal to brew beer yourself until 1978 - the Jimmy Carter years.
- There are basically two types of beer: Ales and Lagers. The difference is in how they're made.
- Most of the popular beer in America today (Budweiser, Miller, etc.) was actually made for women. When prohibition ended, the war was going on, so the biggest market for beer was women.
- Sales of domestic "brand name" beer are going down, while that made in small breweries is on a rapid rise.