Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First mowing at the church

I mowed at the church yesterday (the mission house) for the first time this year. I went north/south. I raised the deck thinking I was just going to even off the lawn, but the grass was actually longer than I thought.

The mower didn't seem to have much power though. Scott tried to find the oil leak a few weeks ago, and he changed the oil and sharpened the blades and things. I need to ask him if he checked the spark plug or anything else. I don't know, maybe it was just because it had old gas in it, but it just seemed to really putter along when I hit tall grass - almost died a couple times. It ran fine when it wasn't under stress. Maybe I need some carb cleaner or something.

Anyway, it has started. Last year's first mowing wasn't until April 21.

No comments: