Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bachelor weekend

I almost forgot that I spent this past weekend alone. Jane, Carrie and Anna made a trip back home. Cousins Vicki and Christine were home, and I guess there was a family gathering of sorts. They left for Buda Friday just after lunch and got back Sunday afternoon. They went there on rt. 24 and came back here on the interstate. I think they had a nice time shopping with great-grandma on Saturday. Sounds like Anna was really, really good the whole time too.

I didn't do much while they were gone. Friday night I ate out at the usual place. Saturday I worked. Then Saturday night I made a big supper all by myself. I bought a delmonico steak and cooked it on the grill, also had broccoli and cauliflower, a salad, and a peach. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Sunday morning there was a pretty small crowd, and I don't like doing Sunday mornings without Jane there, but... it happens from time to time. The music actually wasn't too bad, I don't think. It was just me on guitar and Jim on drums. I was really nervous the whole morning though for some reason. After church I went to lunch with Jim and had pancakes.

Sunday night we had another Third Sunday Supper, and for this one Carrie came up with the idea of a "produce party." We had people bring stuff from their garden and share - unless you didn't have a garden... then you could just bring something else to share. It turned out pretty good. I think I counted 34 people at one point. We had it under the pavilion, and it was a beautiful night.

That's about all I can remember for now. Nothin' much, how 'bout you?

No comments: