Sunday, August 05, 2012

Discovery groups

In reading Mike Breen's book Multiplying Missional Leaders I ran across this vehicle called "Discovery Groups" (p. 119). The book says...
With Discovery Groups, all you do is look for Persons of Peace (people God has already prepared in advance to be open to you and the mission he has put on your heart) and simply ask, "Would you like to discover more about God?" 
If the person says yes, [you] say, "You would? GREAT. I'll train you to do it. I won't do any teaching or preaching. You'll do it with your group. I'll come to your household." 
They gather at the household, read a passage, and ask themselves what the passage means. Then they ask, "What am I going to do about it?"

I'm not so sure about the conversational example ("I'll train you"?), but this is a really intriguing idea to me.

No comments: