Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Monday morning weigh-in

I surprised myself and actually lost weight again this week. After weighing in last week at 146.4, I weighed in yesterday morning at 145.2. I thought there was no way I would lose weight after last week - especially the weekend. Sunday night I had pizza for supper, then we went out later on and I had chips and salsa and drinks. But I weighed 146 when I got up, and after running 6 miles, drinking 2 glasses of water and a protein drink, and lifting, I was down to the 145.

So that means I have officially lost 20 lbs since I started this diet on April 30th, and 25 lbs since the beginning of the year. I don't really know that I need to lose anymore weight, but I actually like the food we've been eating, and I really like how I feel, so... I'm not too interested in going back to eating junk or fatty foods. I really appreciate my wife for being the one to step out and do this, which is what inspired me to do it.

4 comments:

Jim L said...

Are you following any special diet regimen?

dan said...

Jim,

We used the 'Ideal Protein' diet. I explained it a bit in this post: http://www.12ddm.blogspot.com/2012/04/starting-diet.html. I'm sure there is info online, but Jane did it through her doctor. She's lost 30 lbs. since April.

I liked it because - while I did crave certain foods - I never felt like I went hungry. But everyone is different. I really like veggies, so it was no problem for me. Jane had a little more trouble.

We also ran quite a bit, and I don't think exercise is really recommended with it.

Jim L said...

Thanks. I must've missed that one when I was skimming your blog after it came back online. I think I am going to try the South Beach diet. We've done Atkins, and it works, but I can't live my life without pasta and bread. :)

JAH said...

I never could have done it without all of your encouragement and support. I think we've done pretty well.