Friday, October 26, 2012

EH fundraiser, leaves, treadmill, silent treatment

We went to the second annual Exodus House fundraiser last night in Anderson, IN. We took Mary from church along with us. She was pretty excited and I'm glad she went. It was held at the church where Isaac's church is now meeting. They meet in the basement of the First UM church in Anderson. A nice place. There weren't a lot of people there - maybe 15 or 20 - and most if not all of them were already involved with the EH in some capacity, either living there, volunteering there, or supporting them in some way. It started at 6:30, but we probably didn't get going until closer to 7. They had some desserts and drinks for us. They showed this video - - (which I love watching), then Steve and Isaac talked, and two of the residents - Anthony and Nick - talked. Anthony has been there almost from the beginning two years ago. Nick just came last week. They all did great. It is quite humbling watching Isaac talk. I teared up a few times (not just when Isaac talked). After the thing was over we took Mary over to the house to give her a tour. We got home around 10 pm. It was a nice time. I was all pumped up to actually do some ministry on the way home. Today it's back to reality.

When I woke up this morning I heard the leaf trucks out front. I knew they were coming to pick up our leaves along the curb sometime soon, but I didn't know it would be this week. I hadn't raked any yet. At first I just said "screw it" and lolly-gagged around. When I saw that they had basically just scooped them into big piles I decided to maybe try to rake up a few of the denser spots. So I got a tarp and a rake and took about three loads out before they came to pick up the big piles. At least I got rid of some of them.

Then I decided to give the treadmill a try. I tried running last Friday outside (the first time since the half marathon). I didn't do so well because my left knee started hurting again. So I just went nice and slow on the treadmill. It was fine for 10 minutes, then it started to tighten up and hurt again. And I was only going 4.5 mph. That's about as slow as you can go without walking. So I backed it down and just walked for another 20 minutes. It's depressing. I don't know if I just need to walk for awhile and build some strength back, or if I just need to break down and see a doctor. Ugh.

Otherwise it's just a gloomy lonely day...

No comments: