Saturday, November 17, 2012

Running again. maybe.

I ran three miles yesterday. Slowly. But I did it. That's the longest and furthest I've run since the half marathon on Sept. 29th. I've run a few times recently, but have only went for 20 or 30 minutes, and never done much over 2 miles. Yesterday I did the 3 miles in about 40 minutes, topping out at 5 mph at a 1% incline on the treadmill. I also wore an elastic knee support on both knees. I didn't feel too bad when I was done, although the left one was just a tad bit sore afterward, but nothing like before. The odd thing is, my right knee has been the one bothering me lately. And it bothers me when I'm not running (the left one mostly just when I'm running). The right one is kind of the top part of the front of the knee cap. It also hurts a little going up and down stairs. So... we will see. It was nice to run again. I'm hoping I just need to build my strength back up in my knees, but going to the doctor is not out of the question yet.

No comments: