Monday, December 10, 2012

I don't like mondays

Even though I work both Saturday and Sunday, I still don't like Mondays. In fact, I might even like them less than people who work Monday through Friday. Mondays are the worst day of the week for me.

Sundays, on the other hand, are the best. I love Sundays. I like seeing my church family, I like talking with people, discussing things in our small group, singing, worshiping... it's all good. And as high as I get on Sunday, I get equally low on Monday morning at the thought of mostly being alone for the rest of the week. Not that I am totally alone, but mostly; and it's not the same even when I am with people.

On those days when I sit in my office all day - praying, reading, studying - sometimes the silence is just too much. And, I know, I could get out and do something, or go visit somebody. I do those things too. But I kind of need to pray, read, and study. It's what I do. It's a part of who I am. It's just tough sometimes. Especially when my mind is playing tricks on me.

I don't like Mondays. Not at all.

No comments: