Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snow and stuff

We had about 4 inches of snow yesterday, plus the wind blew quite a bit. I don't think it was as bad as they were predicting, but that's enough for me. It's days like that when I'm glad we live in town. I used to hate to be stuck out in the country on those days. I was always paranoid about losing power and being stranded. We've never had all those big toys like snowmobiles or generators or anything. I was pretty happy that the neighbor kid came over and cleaned off our drive with his snowblower (Brice). Very nice of him.

Jane was supposed to have had yesterday off but she got a text at 6:30 am that someone was sick, so she ended up having to work 9 am to 6 pm. The bad part about being the boss. She didn't feel too good either. Today she is finally going to the doctor (at my insistence).

Son Isaac should be leaving on a train for San Francisco right about now. He and Ricci were boarding in Indianapolis. First it heads to Chicago, then heads West. They might actually even go through Buda. I know it goes through Princeton and Kewanee, and I think that is the route that goes right by our old house, and literally just a couple of feet from the factory I used to work in. They should arrive in San Francisco, CA in a couple of days. They will then fly home from there after hopefully having a really nice time. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Yesterday morning - the day after Christmas - our coffee maker quit working. It kept blowing the circuit (any circuit it was plugged into). We hadn't really had it all that long. It was a Bunn, which was nice, but I don't think we'll be getting another one. Having your coffee made in 3 minutes is good, but not good enough to spend $100 on. I tore it apart last night but couldn't find anything to fix. I guess it's just done.

Last night Jane and I watched all the video's for Max Lucado's new study on 'Grace.' It looks pretty good, and I think she will use this for her Sunday School class next. It is a lot different from the NT Wright study we're doing now. I think it will be a nice change of pace. It was probably good for us to watch the video's if nothing else. We could use a good dose of grace right now. The biggest thing I thought while watching it is how beat up I feel right now, and it has made me pretty hard and cold. And I do not like being this way. At the top of my list of 'things to do' is to find a counselor, and I plan to in the next week or two. It's time to get over this.

Other than that... we still need to find a computer by the end of the year. Still trying to decide between a laptop and an all-in-one desktop. There are too many choices.

At least it's Thursday.

No comments: