Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Into darkness

We went to see the new Star Trek 'Into Darkness' movie yesterday. We went to the 12:55 pm showing and had popcorn for lunch (and shared a huge giant drink). I think it was $14 for the tickets and $14 for the popcorn and pop. There were 6 other people in the theater, and it actually wasn't freezing for a change.

I thought it was a good movie. I'm not sure how to rate movies like this because I've never been a real 'sci-fi' buff or anything. But it kept my interest and I did grow up watching Star Trek on TV as a youth.

Personally, though, I didn't really care for the Kirk character. I don't know if it is because of other things I had seen that actor in, or just the way he came off, but I never really thought of Captain Kirk as that much of a dufus. And I had heard some scuttlebutt about the girl in the underwear shot. It did seem a little out of place. But whatever.

All in all it was an enjoyable way to spend a Tuesday afternoon. Yes, Jane had the day off. We spent the rest of the day by getting groceries and then babysitting the grandkids.

Now it is time to get my run back on. I gained way too much weight lazing around eating my parent's junk food this weekend.

No comments: