Saturday, October 19, 2013

Dealing with plantar fasciitis

This plantar fasciitis in my right foot is killing me. I ran 5 miles Monday, and it felt fine when I was running. In fact, I was starting to think that maybe I COULD run the Columbia City marathon in November. So I started to get excited about that. But later that afternoon it started to get sore, and I could hardly walk later that night and the next day. Man, my heal just hurt like crazy.

I happened to be at Target and saw they had a splint for sleeping that is supposed to help PF. I thought $30 was a bit steep, but I went back that night and bought it. I've worn it every night since. I think it actually does help.

I've also started soaking my right foot it in a tub of ice and water for about 10 minutes at a time, as well as using a tennis ball to run my foot over now and then. In addition, my doctor suggested I stand on the edge of a step to stretch and strengthen the achilles tendon for several minutes a day.

After reading this home remedy treatment on Web MD I'm afraid the marathon is going to be out for this year though. Ugh. That's kind of disappointing.

No comments: