Thursday, October 10, 2013

Dr. visit (plantar fasciitis)

I had a routine doctors appointment yesterday. My weight was 158 (fully clothed) and my blood pressure was 120/82. We decided that I could just monitor my blood pressure and take what I needed for medicine. After the last visit I started taking 20 mg of Lisinopril, as well as .05 mg of Ativan (when needed). My blood pressure got too low (90/70-ish), so I stopped taking both. Sometimes it would get up around 140-150/85-ish while not taking anything. So I can either take the 20 mg like every other day, or try to cut them in half, or as the doctor said, "Just keep an eye on it and you know what you need." I like that. :)

I also brought up the heel pain I've been having in my right foot. It has bothered me for a couple months. It doesn't hurt when I run, but sometimes after; and it hurts usually in the mornings when I get out of bed. After the half-marathon it hurt later that day pretty bad, and I could hardly walk the next morning. The doctor looked at it and right away said it is Plantar Fasciitis (wiki). I had heard this term, but it does not mean what I thought it meant. He gave me some exercises to do and recommended ibuprofen and whatnot, but basically he said I can still run if I want to. I might want to get some shoe inserts too. So I don't know about the marathon now or not. We'll see...

I go back in three months for another routine visit. Once again he didn't charge me a co-pay. I like my doctor.

No comments: