Thursday, January 09, 2014

Limiting emails I receive

I have noticed lately that I don't receive nearly as many emails as I used to. For one thing, not having a congregation means I don't hear from that group of people. I have also unsubscribed from almost all of the "ministry" related emails I used to get. There were daily devotionals, e-magazines, promos, and other things that crammed my mailbox every day. The fact that I have 4 different email addresses (for 4 different things) didn't help. Now, my old church email address hardly receives any email. In fact, I can go days and not get any there now, and it used to be the most-used address of them all.

In a way it's kind of nice because it's not a part of my job anymore and I don't have the time I used to have. But in another way it's kind of sad and I miss the interaction. It's also hard having to change mental gears and not really having the time (or need) to keep up on ministry/social/cultural issues.

Most of my time at work is still spent on the computer, but it is specific to my current job and from a completely different perspective. Again, there are both positives and negatives to that.

So... that's that. I guess I say all this to say that my morning ritual doesn't take near as long as it used to - fewer emails to sift through, and way fewer blogs and feeds to read (if any).

No comments: