Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Shoveling and paid

I spent almost all morning shoveling snow at work today. I had to shovel in front of the doors to the climate controlled buildings. I swear there must have been 15-20 of them. I was glad I had an extra shirt in the car because I worked up quite a sweat.

When I came back to the office from shoveling I noticed that my hours had been changed for Monday and Tuesday. I didn't work Monday because we were closed due to the winter storm, and I didn't go in on Tuesday until 1 pm. However I guess the owner decided to pay us for the both days at full pay. Apparently he had watched a show about the hardship of hourly workers who couldn't work because of the weather. I thought that was quite nice of him.

That's about all I have for today. Though this is the first post I've made on my Kindle. For some reason I didn't think it would work. Hmmm. I guess so.

No comments: