Friday, February 28, 2014

I got a raise

I was told that I got a raise at work yesterday. 50 cents an hour. The owners also told the person who told me about the raise to tell me I was doing a great job and to keep up the good work. It probably doesn't seem like a lot, but as a "words" person, the second part actually meant more to me than the money. But maybe that's just me. Anyway, it was nice to get a raise. I had completely forgot that I was supposed to get one when I was done with training, and another one after 90 days.

Speaking of work, I spent a large part of the last two days inputting data in the computer to schedule rate increases for my tenants over the next several months. I also had to chip ice out from in front of several people's units so they could get the door open and closed. Yesterday I helped a couple ladies load a glass-topped table and chairs into their truck. It was kind of a workout. And I've been cleaning the hallways in the climate control buildings while it is not too awful wet outside.

So.... that's about it for this Friday. Tonight we paint... as in paintings.