Saturday, June 28, 2014

Golfing day instead of work

Yesterday I played on a foursome from work for a golf fundraiser for another company that the owner of our company owns. The other three from FWS were Drew, Karen (ops manager), and Kyle (gm). It was a pretty fun day.

Since some of us were playing golf and some were not, we switched some managers around for the day. John was at my place and Sandi was at Drew's, so Drew and I worked from 9:30-11:30 am at Sandi's. I had never been there before, and Drew hadn't worked there in a long time. It's a pretty small place and we didn't really have any problems. The GM wanted us to change a tire on the golf cart there, but we only had a few tools and we couldn't find the key to the unit the cart was in. So we didn't do it.

I can't remember the name of the golf course, but it was in Kendallville. So I drove Drew and Kyle drove himself, and we left about 11:30. It took about 45 minutes to get there from the Lima/Cook location. When we arrived, after registering, we had lunch. It was free and was catered by the Applebees from K-ville. It was turkey sandwiches, a couple kinds of salads, and chips.

The first group of people played in the morning, and our groups teed off at 1 pm. None of us were very good, but we had fun. Some of the highlights were when Drew hit a fairway shot that actually went behind him about 3 feet, but then it rolled forward about 6 feet in front of him. Never seen that happen before. I don't know what was funnier, the shot, or Drew's reaction. I also almost hit Karen with one of my drives. She was standing to the right of the tee. I had quite a few bad shots during the day.

We actually didn't even finish all 18 holes because the owner texted us and said everyone else was done. So we didn't even have a score. I'm not sure we even kept score on most of the holes. I think the winning team shot a 54 in the best-ball style event.

After we were done golfing (around 6 or 6:30), we all went to Karen's house for supper. We had pizza and snacks. We just sat around and talked storage stuff. Kendra and Tom came for that too. We also played with her cat - which I mispronounced as Geiko all night. I think we left around 10:30 or 11 and Drew and I drove home in the Buick with the windows down all the way. It was a beautiful day and a nice night. I hope I am invited again next year - provided I am still working there.

No comments: