Sunday, September 21, 2014

Haircut, and week 1 without smoking

I gave myself a haircut yesterday. I used the #2 on everything, then trimmed my sideburns and eyebrows with the #1. Nothing much else to say, but it seemed shorter than it used to. It was nice when I had to run a couple blocks in the pouring rain to get the car last night at the Coney Island party. Just sort of swooshed the water off my head, and presto-chango, my hair was dry.

This also marks one week that I haven't been smoking. I had my last official cigarette last Saturday night. I am still wearing the patch, and I have yet to chew any nicorette gum. I really don't want a cigarette, but I want something, that's for sure. Of course, most of the time, I would smoke a cigarette if I had one. No congratulations are in order, because this will always be an issue for me. Certainly the pull will grow less over time, but I am proof positive - after starting up 25 years after quitting - that I am never out of the woods. So it's just something I have to do, and be diligent about. Forever.

No comments: