Monday, March 23, 2015

Another quick trip back home

We made a short trip to Illinois and back again this weekend. We left Saturday afternoon and made it to Buda in about 4 hours and 10 minutes. The Feipel's arrived a little before us. My sister from Minnesota was also there. We all hung out at my parents house Saturday night. Jane and I slept out at Marks house again, and everyone else stayed at my parents house.

Sunday we all headed to Astoria for my uncle Harold's visitation. Jane rode with my sister, my mom and dad drove desperately, and I drove by myself. We visited with quite a few family members from both sides of the family. Several of my mom's sisters, nieces, and her brother showed up. The funeral home was very nice, so I suppose it was about as nice a time as it could be. Unfortunately us and the Feipel's had to leave from there to return to Indiana.

We left around 4:30 central time. We took rt. 24 to 136 to I-74 to Indy and then I-69 home. It took just over 5 hours to get home. We were pretty wiped out when we got home.  I didn't even unpack as I had to leave at 6:30 the next morning for a 2-day class in Ohio - which is where I am writing this on my Kindle. More about that later. I'm tired and going to bed.