Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Two days of continuing coach training

I just returned from a 2-day class offered by Coach Approach Ministries in Findlay, Ohio. Bill Copper taught CAM 510 'A Coach Approach to Leading and Managing.' It was highly invigorating for me. Plus it met my annual requirement to keep my Certificate in Christian Leadership Coaching active and current. So now I have had CAM 501, 502, and 510, in addition to 10 hours of mentor coaching. The more I do this, the more I like this coaching thing.

We met at the Center for Christian Ministries at the CGGC headquarters in Findlay. I think there were 16 of us in the class. I knew or had heard of most of the people there. I also met Arden (or Arlen) and Adam, plus this was the first time I had met Bill (even though I had coached with him on the phone). Tom and Steve and I sat at a table with Keith R. Tom, Steve and I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites hotel, and it was really quite nice. I would recommend it if you're ever in Findlay.

We met Monday from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, and Tuesday from 8 am to 3:30 pm. Tom and I worked on our coaching website Monday night, and I gave him a ride home Tuesday and we were able to hammer through a lot of needed discussion regarding this joint business together. It was an all-around good time for me. I have to admit, I didn't think about "work" one single time. I also think I gained more confidence, and more of a desire for the coaching not only through the class, but also the other discussions I had with people. A really good time.

Hopefully I will write more about it later, but Jane is now home, and it's time to spend some time with my sweetie.