Friday, March 13, 2015

Sick

I finally got a bit of a flu bug (or something). Jane had it right after her birthday - on 2 different occasions. I thought I was going to escape it. No such luck.

I got up Wednesday morning and felt fine, but my stomach gurgled kind of funny after I ate breakfast. Then I pretty much lost everything - several times. Jane's problem was puking; mine was on the other end - though I thought I was going to barf all day long. Not sure which is worse. Anyway, I went to work, and was in and out of the bathroom quite a few times. Fortunately it was a slow day. The only things I ate Wednesday were the scrambled eggs and toast I had for breakfast, two bites of supper, and half a banana before bed. I drank coffee in the morning, then forced a gatorade down - until having a cup of hot tea before bed. I did NOT want to start throwing up because I knew that once I did I wouldn't be able to stop, so I just didn't eat or drink.

I didn't sleep very well Wednesday night, but at least I didn't get sick. Thursday morning I got up and felt like I'd been run over by a bus. My stomach was still messed up and I felt pretty weak. So I called in sick to work. I haven't done that very often over the last 20 years. I don't know if this is my first time on this job or not. It seems like it. Anyway, I just laid around the house and tried to sleep as much as I could. I had some tomato soup for lunch, and it actually stayed in my stomach. I felt fairly good by mid to late afternoon.

I hate that feeling where you think you're never going to be normal again. I had that all yesterday morning and early afternoon. Whew, I think I may survive. Hopefully it was just a 24-hour thing. I am heading out to work today, but I don't want to push my luck with too much food and drink. Not to mention the stinking Fort Wayne water all of a sudden! It tastes and smells like crap. Supposedly it is from all the snow melting, and is safe to drink. I don't know...