Friday, March 06, 2015

The distance to doubt

I don't believe in karma. I do, however, believe that what goes up must come down.

It seemed things were going pretty well there for awhile. I was feeling good physically and emotionally, things were happening at church, I was doing some different things at work, and the coaching thing seemed a viable venture.

But... you know, you start to get sick, you have a couple bad experiences, and the next thing you know you start to wonder if you can do anything at all. And what's the point anyway?

I've always had a hard time getting along with people. It's not that I don't like people. I really do. I wish I got along with everybody. But I get frustrated when people don't 'hear' what I'm trying to say. I get discouraged by those who fail to grasp where I'm coming from. I hate being misunderstood. Then I realize the real problem is just me. Why do I have to be so difficult? Why can't I just let things go? And who am I to think I could actually coach someone else to be better?

Sometimes I don't think I can do anything right. Apparently I don't understand how things are supposed to work. Maybe I just don't fit in anywhere.Ugh. It's been one of those weeks.

Sometimes life is easy. Other times it's not. Only gypsies are made in a day.