Thursday, July 30, 2015

Healthy eating


I've kind of been on a healthy eating kick lately. I've been trying to get plenty of protein, vegetables, and limit my sugar intake (thus the minimal fruit). Here is a rough list of my regular foods - at least during the week.

Breakfast -
- Eggs (scrambled or over-medium) & toast, if necessary
- If not eggs, it's probably a protein shake of some sort

Lunch -
- Raw Vegetables (usually an assortment of celery, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, cucumber, "power greens" (spinach, chard, kale & mizuna)
- Protein of either a hard-boiled egg or almonds
- Possibly an avocado half
- Fruit - blueberries, and maybe a kiwi (with skin)

Supper -
Jane usually makes a scrumptious meal including a meat (beef, chicken or fish), and a vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussell sprouts, or something). Will will occasionally have a carb in pasta or something.

Night-time snack -
- Cup of hot water with honey and lemon
- Mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts)

Liquids -
- Coffee in the morning (2 cups unless I am meeting someone at a restaurant - then I have quite a few more)
- Hot green tea (most days I will have 2-4 cups at work; sometimes it's just hot lemon water)
- Water (I drink probably 80-100 ounces per day - and always at the beginning and end of each day)