Monday, August 31, 2015

Dentist visit with negative cavities


I went to the dentist this morning for my usual 6-month cleaning. It went well, and I had my usual hygienist again. I like her. She's quiet quick. An odd thing happened though...

My dentist said I didn't have any cavities. That's not so unusual, but the last time I was there - 6 months ago - there was a substitute dentist there, and she said I DID have a cavity. I wrote HERE about how I didn't care so much for her. She scheduled me for an appointment to get my cavity filled, and I cancelled it. A majority of the reason was just because I didn't like her. Yes, I can be like that. I fully intended to reschedule, but one day became another and... well, pretty soon I decided I might as well just wait until after this check-up. Boy am I glad I did!!!

My regular dentist read the report, and checked the tooth that supposedly had a cavity. He said there was a little spot with a catch, but no tooth decay whatsoever. He was momentarily baffled until I explained about the lady sub who actually first diagnosed it. Then he looked at the hygienist and they both kind of made a face and he says, "Well, are you okay if I just change your diagnosis, because you don't have a cavity?" I was like "Super!"

So, I don't know what the deal is with the lady sub, but apparently I read her right. And once again I have no cavities.