Saturday, August 08, 2015

New front brakes on the buick


I had to take the 2002 Buick Century in Wednesday and get new brake pads on the front, as well as have the rotors turned. They also suggested I get new front wheel hubs but I wasn't in the mood to spend an extra $500 so I passed on that.

I would normally take the car to our mechanic on the South side of town, but lately I've been using Berger's on Diebold Rd. While I still like the other place, and would prefer to go there, it is just too inconvenient at the moment; and Berger's is too convenient. It's only a 10-minute walk from my office, and I can just leave my car there while I'm at work. So I had them do the brakes. I may check with the other place for the hubs. The car has 219,000 miles on it, and I kind of keep waiting for it to die. I hope not, because it's a good ol' car.