Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Random stuff on a tuesday morning


I can't seem to find my groove this morning, and people keep interrupting me at work. Ugh. So here's some random "live" writing...

I was originally going to write today about my first double-digit run of the year. Jane and I ran 10 miles Sunday morning before being greeters at church. It was a great morning for a run. It was like 47 degrees out when we started. I felt really good during the whole thing, but was getting a bit weary towards the end. Then I turned around and did my usual 5.5 miles Monday morning. I didn't know if I'd be able to run or not that soon after, but I felt good for that one too.

I do think I'm going to look into some energy gels/chews though - something to eat while I run. I don't typically eat or drink at all while running, but I think if I'm planning to do a marathon I better do something.

Yesterday I had some excitement at work. The power company was here to replace an underground wire, and they hit a gas line. I didn't know anything about it until the fire department showed up. At one point there were a dozen vehicles here from the fire department, gas company, power company, and I don't know where else. They shut down the west side of the facility and wouldn't let anyone in our out. Apparently they got everything fixed.

I had these two guys come in this morning wanting me to get mixed up in renting a storage unit for the one guy's ex who has a restraining order against him. He just called and now wants me to call her to try to get her to consent to everything. I don't really want to be involved. I'm thinking about what to do.

I think I may order a couple of books. I want to get my own copy of Brene Browns 'The Gifts of Imperfection.' I also think I'm going to order Scot McKnight's new book 'The Heaven Promise.' I have always liked his writing, and it sounds interesting.

Okay, I should probably do some work. It looks like a really nice day outside too. The flooring people are here to start on the floor in our newest building under construction. I haven't even walked through the buildings yet today (I'm supposed to do it at least every morning). And... now I need to pee.

So long.