Friday, October 16, 2015

Voting and complaining


I always hear people say, "If you don't vote then you don't have the right to complain about how things are." Almost like voting GIVES people the right to complain.

You know, maybe we need a few more people to stop voting.

I am growing weary of all the complaining, arguing and hatred in the world. I also don't think voting for one candidate over another makes all that much difference. Call me skeptical if you like, but I rather think our entire system is broken. Beyond that, though, I don't care. Because my hope is not in our system of government. And it's not that governance is pointless or useless; but I walk to the beat of a different Drummer.

Another argument I've heard against not voting is: "Not voting is not rebellion; it's surrender." And that's exactly what I'm doing. It has nothing to do with rebellion; I am surrendering to the Lordship of Christ. 

So... I will try my best to daily vote Jesus as my Lord. I will give to Caesar whatever is his (whoever he is), and it won't really change anything about my allegiance.

I am starting to think everything else is nothing more than a distraction.