Sunday, January 24, 2016

Anna turns 5


 Yesterday was granddaughter Anna's birthday. I cannot believe is is 5 years old! And we were so happy that not only was the weather nice, but she wasn't sick either! It seems like every year on the poor girls birthday there is either a snowstorm, and no one can come to her party, or she is sick. Last year she was sick. Anyway, this year she felt fine and it was a rather nice January day.

Anna is still extremely shy for the most party, but she now attends pre-school every day and goes all day on Friday. She is growing up so fast. She will undoubtedly always hold a special place in my heart, not only as the first grandchild, but she's just a pretty cool little girl. I can still remember when she was born. It will likely be one of my favorite moments of life (and another reason I am so glad I have this blog - so I can recall things like this).

DrewCarrie had a party at their house with family from all sides. Carrie made her a splendid pink cake. We got her a game (chutes & ladders), and Jane made her this sleeping bag type thing that's a mermaid tail. Apparently Anna saw one somewhere and Jane thought it would be easy enough to just make. I'd say Jane's was way better than the one in the store. I think Anna liked it.

So, it was a good day. Here are a few pics from over the years.

Always one of my favorites: getting ready to leave the hospital.
Her birthday party last year. Poor girl was so sick.
 
Perhaps her highlight of the year: getting a kitty.
Last day as a 4 year old.