Monday, January 25, 2016

The revenant


We went to an afternoon showing of 'The Revenant' yesterday. I'd been wanting to see it since it came out. Jane was not so excited - due to the violence and blood - but several people told us she would like it anyway.

Well.... blood was spewing right away... but she did survive. I thought it was good too. However, to be honest, there were several times where I found myself thinking, "Alright already. How long are you going to drag this out?" I felt like they could have cut a good half hour out and not taken anything away.

At any rate, I kind of like these "outdoors-y" movies for some reason. It reminds me of when I was growing up and I would go hunting or walking through the woods with my dad. It also brings back memories of playing "cowboys and Indians" as a kid. While I'm not much of an outdoors-man now, I actually did grow up that way to some degree. And my dad was really like that. He always took summer trips out to Wyoming and various other places for hunting expeditions and things. Sometimes I do think it would be cool to live like that. Not often, but sometimes. :)

Anyway, overall, it was a good movie, but I don't know that I thought it was great. It beat watching Peyton Manning and Tom Brady though.