Wednesday, March 09, 2016

A nice day


I am writing this on Tuesday afternoon (yesterday). It is a beautiful 70 degrees and sunny outside. The first really nice day this year. Ahhhhh....

I am at work. I've had the golf cart out a couple times already this year - it's just easier than using my car, what with the sprawling property and all - but today it felt good to drive it around. I checked the batteries today. It has six of them, and I filled them with distilled water. I actually ran out before I got the last two filled up. So once I get some more, it should be set for the summer.

I've had a ton of move-outs today (4, maybe 5), so I've been relatively busy. Plus I've done a little picking up of trash on the property.

I usually stop at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market on my way to work on Mondays and get a supply of food for the week. I intended to grab a carton of dark-chocolate-covered raisins but it turned out to be chocolate-covered espresso beans instead. It's not that they taste bad, but I mostly gave up caffeine a month or so ago. I've been popping them all day and, dang, I am bouncing off the walls. Getting lots of stuff done though.

I've also done a fair share of reading about the new University of Illinois football coach. I still can't believe we hired Lovie Smith. I follow a fan site. Sometimes it's a bit ridiculous, but it's been pretty fun this week.

Well, that's about it for now. It is 4 pm. I get off work at 5:30 and it takes me about 1/2 hour to drive to the south side of town to our house. Not sure if I will run outside tonight, or just do the treadmill. It might be kind of hot to run outside, but we do have the first 5k of the season this Saturday, so... we'll see.