Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Carrie turns 31


Well, it's not exactly a milestone birthday, but it's still hard to believe my lovely and talented daughter is thirty one years old today. Wow.

I don't mind if I do say so myself, but Carrie is an amazing lady. She works full-time as a stay-at-home mom... and not just a mom, but she has a 5 year-old, a 3 year-old, and a 2 year-old. The oldest is a girl, who I believe wants more than anything in the world to be just like her mom, and the younger two are boys. The youngest of which is maybe a boy-and-a-half.

Like that's not enough, she also works part-time at the local YMCA. You might find her opening at 4 am, or maybe working nights. Basically whenever she can fit it into her schedule.

And... like that's not enough, she is also a crazy fitness fanatic! She is very into boot camps and other classes at the Y and elsewhere, and I am completely envious of her workout ethic. I never would have imagined our girly-girl being so toned and tenacious. Of course, I'd have never imagined her being half the mom she is either.

All in all, we couldn't be prouder of the person our daughter has become. I wish she had time to write more, but until then she is doing a bang-up job of mommy-ing. And I can never get enough of her smile. :)

Happy birthday, sweetie. Love ya lots!