Thursday, July 14, 2016

Oven fixed, running and random


OVEN
We had to have our oven repaired AGAIN yesterday. We bought it in May of 2014 and I believe they've had to come fix it twice before since then. This time the burners and the oven would not light, or were not lighting consistently. Anyway, they're always good about coming and fixing it, but now the warranty is expired so we have to pay for it. Jane said it was around $60.

RUNNING
My running has not exactly been 'on fire' lately either. I've been trying to run 3-4 days a week, and generally I will run a 5k and then walk a mile. Sometimes more. But I just have no leg or lung strength and I just can't seem to get any speed. Yesterday I struggled to run 3.5 miles and thought I was going to die. I just never hit the zone.

This morning Jane and I went out and we ran 4 miles and walked another mile. I actually felt better than I had been. It was a bit cooler this morning, but another thing occurred to me: I used to always struggle up to 3-4 miles. It was always around the 5 mile point that I would start to gain a rhythm. So maybe that's been my problem. Granted, I am not in as good a shape as I had been in, and I need to start doing some speed work, but I also think I need to start added some longer runs. Perhaps I need to mix things up a little more. I dunno.

WRITING
I haven't been too motivated to blog lately. I haven't been reading much either. Just not feeling it, I guess. I'm not depressed at all, but pretty much just caught up in work and home and reading about Illini basketball. I haven't been "making time" to write. Not really sure why, or where I'll go from here. It just doesn't matter that much to me right now.