Sunday, September 04, 2016

New running shoes


I bought a new pair of running shoes yesterday. I bought the last ones in June of last year. I opted to once again go with Adidas. I got the Energy Boost 3. They're pretty much just like my previous shoes with a few minor upgrades. I got them at 3 Rivers Running, as usual.

This was probably the quickest I've ever purchased a pair of shoes of any kind. We walked in, I told the sales girl I wanted a pair just like my old ones, we looked through the sale rack and didn't find my size, so she got me a pair of the current model, I tried them on, and bought them. In years past this process would have taken close to a month with several visits and try-ons. I didn't even ask how much they cost, and I'm a little embarrassed that I paid $160 for a pair of shoes. However this is one of the few expenses to this hobby, and it's a pretty vital element, so I don't feel too bad.

I have yet to run in them, but can't wait. They have a larger drop than I would probably like, but I think I need it. This year's also have a little more "boost" surface, and that's what I'm curious to find out about. We will see.

So, not only do I have new running shoes, but I was probably more in need of a new pair of everyday shoes. The old running shoes will now switch to that role.