Monday, September 11, 2017

Remedy drive at c2g


This past Saturday M'Lady and I took in the Remedy Drive concert at the lovely C2G Music Hall in Fort Wayne, IN. I have to admit I was not familiar with this band before the show, but I was pleasantly surprised. The opener was Fort Wayne's own Fields and Fortresses.

There was a fair crowd at the event, and apparently it was about three times as big as the last time they played here (several years ago). The three-piece group based in Nashville, TN brings a high energy alternative sound and presence to the stage, and lead singer/guitarist/keyboardist David Zach acrobatically uses every bit of room allowed. Along with bassist/vocalist Corey Horn, they form a tight unit that wasn't hindered in the least by a substitute drummer on this night.


Not only was I unfamiliar with the band's music, I also had no idea they were a "Christian" band. I became aware when I noticed they weren't selling alcohol at the venue, otherwise it wouldn't have been overly evident. I admire the subtle way faith was laced into their more outright message of justice and human trafficking resistance.

Zach was very upfront about his undercover work with a group seeking freedom for those caught in sex trafficking. He even has a kickstarter campaign for a counter trafficking album called "Commodity." I have to say, his passion for this is what really inspired me about the evening.

I am a little hesitant to attend "Christian" concerts and events anymore due to the guilt-trip mentality of so many. I get their interest and desire, but oft-times I'm left wondering just how much financial support they get from the organization to share their message. With Zach you could tell it was from the heart - he seems to truly desire to live his beliefs out through his actions. I like that, and it touched my heart in an unexpected way.


So, all in all, I was really glad we went to this show. It didn't hurt that we got free tickets, but it was also good for my soul. The only complaint I have about this venue, though, is whoever is in charge of the seating. I do not like how they set up the chairs. They're too close together and don't leave enough aisle space. What it does is make for a lot of seats that people refuse to sit in, and those who do are unnecessarily uncomfortable. But that's beside the point. It was a good night. :)

No comments: