Monday, December 03, 2018

2018 concerts/shows

As I tossed another concert ticket in the garbage is occurred to me... you know, I wish I had kept some of these so I could recall all the shows I've attended over the years. Anyone who knows me knows I can't remember squat. So I thought I could at least make a list here of the concerts/shows we've attended this year.

I thought the U2 concert at the football stadium in Indianapolis was this year, but it was actually in September of 2017. Fortunately I discovered I can go to the 'events' page in Facebook and it has record of all the ones I marked as "interested" or "going." So at least from that list, here are the concerts I attended in 2018:
  • 1/14 - Jake Allen (C2G)
  • 2/3 - Tinsley Ellis (C2G)
  • 2/23 - Anthony Gomes (C2G)
  • 5/9 - Heaven's Gateway Drugs w/The Meat Flowers (our first show at The Clyde)
  • 5/23 - The Marcus King Band (C2G)
  • 6/27 - The Wailers w/Phil Schurger's Sungate (The Clyde)
  • 7/26 - Blues Traveler (The Clyde)
  • 8/30 - Super Diamond (Neil Diamond tribute band) (The Clyde)
  • 9/14 - Middle Waves Festival (Headwaters Park)
  • 10/26 - Martin Barre band (C2G)
  • 10/31 - Gov't Mule (The Clyde)
  • 11/10 - Pink Droyd (C2G)
  • 11/15 - The Accidentals (C2G)
  • 11/30 - Here Come the Mummies w/Sun Stereo (The Clyde)

Just typing through those I realized there were some other bands/performers we saw that I've forgotten. Most were likely locals - at Rock The Plaza and other places in town - though it seems I'm forgetting some more regional types too. Of course that also doesn't include the number of times we saw the sol's band Swimming Into View. Anyway, I guess this is better than nothing.

I should also probably note that we don't/didn't pay to see all these either. We work at C2G so we don't pay for any of those shows, and we randomly get free tickets to other places now and then too. That definitely helps.

There was a time I wished someone would offer me free tickets to shows with the stipulation I'd give them a review and blogpost, but anymore... that sounds like a lot of work. Geez, does that mean I'm getting old? Like the bands we see isn't proof enough.... ;)

No comments: