Friday, April 12, 2019

Start me up

Well, not me, actually. However, today I did start up the lawnmower, and the motorcycle, and put the snowblower into hibernation.

I thought I actually had a pretty good idea. When I checked the gas tank on the snowblower it was almost full. So I siphoned the gas from it into the lawnmower. Then I had an almost-empty tank on the snowblower and ran it out of gas. I also now have an almost-full tank on the lawnmower. No gas wasted!

The lawnmower didn't start on the first pull like my old one, but I only had to tug the rope a half dozen times or so and it took off. I guess this will be my first time with a new mower at the start of mowing season.

While I was at it, I also got the motorcycle out and started it up. I aired up both tires and, since it's a fairly nice sunny day (although a little windy and around 60f), I decided to take it around the block or two for a spin. It still seems to work okay. I'm still going back and forth as to whether I should sell it or not.

Anyway, other than using the leaf blower to clean out the garage, that was about the extent of my outdoor activities today.

No comments: